Shop Amazon for items YOU want!

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Understanding How to Employ Powerful Networking

Notable persons and their works in entrepreneu...Image via Wikipedia

Networking...a group of things connected together using some form of talking or other communication. That is the definition I just looked up on Wikipedia. I have made the decision to begin blogging about networking because it is absolutely critical in reaching success of any kind, on any level, at any point in anyone's lives for anything they are trying to accomplish. People ask me constantly, "How did you meet that CEO? How did you find that position? How did you get that job? How do you know her?" My pat answer, "Networking."

Networking has become much more accessible in today's time with the internet, social networking sites, civic groups, etc. With that accessibility however comes confusion, frustration, time limits, and "analysys paralysis." Which site do I join? What exactly am I trying to accomplish? How do I find the time to maintain my network? Is this really worth my time?

I am personally going to help you answer these questions over my next few blogs. I will help you identify the goals your are trying to accomplish, a timeline to do it in, and the resources you should consider in putting your entire plan together. Later, I will drill down to specific goals, and how to achieve those goals with a little bit of thought, planning and execution. If we are going to continue to foster entrepreneurship and growth in this country, it is imperative more people learn to utilize the power, or dare I say "synergistic power" of networking. The old adage "two heads are better than one" should be changed to fit today's society. Maybe we should realize, "ten million ideas infused with action creates a brand new economy (add that to my first of many quotes to come even though it is a bit weak)!"

I understand the power behind networking and even more so understand it is my duty to teach people how to become better networkers and the power this one word truly beholds. I look forward to providing more in the coming weeks. I guarantee it will not be a waste of any of our time! Until then...
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment