Shop Amazon for items YOU want!

Monday, August 23, 2010

Starting the Week!

I amImage via Wikipedia Good morning!

Why is it that it's so hard for me to go to sleep at a decent time? This is one of the many questions I ask myself in my new quest to optimize my personal performance across all facets of my life.

Well, here's my reasoning. I think, because as a husband, father, employee, employer, soccer coach, volunteer, friend, relative, brother, uncle, pilot, son, etc., I WANT TIME FOR MYSELF TOO! I don't want to diminish ANY of the roles aforementioned, but as men, we are all held to certain societal standards that quite frankly are hard to keep up with at times. Is this an excuse? NO! But it is my reason for staying up so freakin' late! I feel much more productive as the kids finally go off to sleep, my wife settles into her book, and I just let my thoughts pour around my head until something finally comes out. It makes me wonder if I shouldn't open up some 24-hour facility, or a night-only facility. Maybe an after-hours restaurant??

This is another reason I think blogging is great for my psyche. I'm able to "journal" (if you will), and get my thoughts out into the infinite space of the Internet. Who knows who will eventually read this, but does it matter? Today, I don't know.

So, for those of you that are feeling some of the daily pressures of life in general, I would suggest blogging as a new pastime if you haven't ever done so. It's mentally stimulating, and it knocks the dust off the old English skills. Plus, you get the added benefit of dumping some potentially useful, but more than likely useless, information into an arena where like-minded individuals can either commiserate with you, or tell you where to go. Either way, start writing!

How are you trying to improve your life? What are some of the major mental obstacles you face either periodically or daily? I'd love to hear what's going on in your world too! Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment